The Dolphins Open Water Challenge is over for 2022
but we look forward to seeing you in 2023 for a new set of challenges!
We invite you to join us in the ocean through winter 2022, with exciting new challenges to take on
- Eligibility: Masters Swimmers and their friends!
- The Challenge: Pick ONE or more of 3 swims to complete.
- When? Between 5 April 2022 and 13 August 2022.
- Where? The swims must be undertaken in open water, that is in the ocean, in a river or in a lake. At least 80% of the distance claimed must be swum in Tasmania.
- How? Record your swims. You can download a logsheet here
- Claim the challenge: Emailing your completed log form to email@example.com as soon as you have finished that distance. Last forms must be received by 31 August 2022.
- Questions: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please let us know when you start the challenge so we can check in from time to time.
- Distances: use a GPS watch for tracking the Ocean Swims or if not available we rely on your honesty.
- Note: many common swimming sites have been measured so ask if you want an approximate distance for any location.
- Awards: Each swimmer who completes a challenge will receive a certificate and a cap. More than one challenge may be undertaken but distances swum are not cumulative. If you claim one challenge you must start again on the next one.
Disclaimer: This challenge is not a sanctioned Masters Swimming Australia event. Swimmers are responsible for their own safety when taking on the challenge. Where possible swimmers should swim with another person or at a minimum have someone overseeing their swim. Be aware of ocean conditions and how your body reacts to cold water.